Saturday, December 4, 2010

Final Part 1

After receiving the final assignment for this class I began to think deeply about which one I wanted to pick. Choosing for me sometimes is the hardest part because I'm always afraid I won't have enough information to fill the required page number quota. I think I am leaning more towards the first prompt because it relates to my life more than the second one does right now. I am a music education major, so the rest of my life will probably be spent dealing with the educational system. I think technology has changed so much in regards to education, especially college education. The way we apply for colleges is changing so quickly, only a few years ago, applications were sent in by mail. Just this year, my brother applied to Rutgers, and everything was done online, no letters of recommendation were requested, and he had to self report his grades. When I applied, just 4 years ago, I needed letters, and a paper transcript sent. This goes to show how fast things are changing and how college is becoming a technopoly.  Things are changing to make things more efficient and therefore is making college campuses a technopoly. Some other thoughts I've had about ways technology has turned the college campus into a technopoly are, bus system, next bus, wireless printing, online library resources, online registration and key swipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment